Ron Tweel

MichieHamlett is a multi-service law firm that has been helping the people of Charlottesville with their legal needs since 1946.

  • Personal Injury
  • Commercial Real Estate
  • Family

Talk to a

Jewish Lawyer in Virginia

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Jewish attorneys in Virginia who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Will a custody order dictate who has to transport the kids?

My ex and I have 3 kids and they are all very gifted, both academically and athletically. They are enrolled in numerous school activities and sports, and we spend most days of the week running back and forth between their various activities and games. Also, I live in Fairax but my ex lives in Richmond, and only sees the kids on the weekends. He does, however, attend most of their events. Can he be required by court order to assist in transporting the kids to some of their activities, since he’s coming to Fairfax and attending them anyway? I can barely keep up getting all 3 to all of these events and it isn’t fair that I have to by myself. I’ve asked him to help out but he refuses.
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

Acceptable for me to deliver uncontested divorce paper to spouse?

My wife and I are separating and we are on good terms. I filed for an uncontested divorce, which she knows about and agrees with. I have the paperwork that I filed along with the summons that the court clerk told me had to be served on my wife. She said I was not allowed to serve the papers because I’m a party to the case, but it will cost me money to hire a private server. My wife says she will just stop by my apartment and pick up the papers and then go to court to file her response. Is that acceptable or will that somehow hold up the divorce?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0